Earth Run 2010

Earth Run 2010 was the 2nd running event that I joined. It was held on April 18, 2010 at the Fort.

It's a run for a cause that aims to benefit Greenpeace, an international organization dedicated in protecting and conserving the environment. There were about 7,000 runners that signed up for the run, 4,000 of which were in the 5K category that I was in. But this time around, I am much prepared. I trained for alternate days in Amoranto stadium, running at least 3 kilometers at a time. Also, I was able to purchase and use my first running shoes: a Nike Dart 7. I know it wasn’t the best running shoes that time, but it was all that I can afford and better than my old trainers. =)

I finished the race at 32 minutes and 29 seconds. Shaving 2 minutes and 28 seconds from my first 5K run.




To view race result click the link here:



Comments

Popular Posts