Running Towards a Beautiful Me!

Beauty in a Box by Papemelroti
I was rummaging on my old stuff last night (a constant thing I do these past few days) when I came across this small, brown box. Written on its cover is: “Beauty in a Box”- Easy & natural ways to shine using homemade remedies! And by the looks of it, it was brought in Papemelroti—a famous specialty shop for gifts and decorative accessories. Though I cannot see the Papemelroti trademark on the box and on any of the pages of paper inside the pack, I am a hundred percent sure that it was and true enough, when I searched for it online, it was one of the products being sold by Papemelroti. This box doesn’t belong to me. I cannot remember of buying this one, I’m sure of it. Maybe this was a gift to my sister she totally forget about. I’ll ask her later...

Anyway, I enjoyed reading the 47 cards inside offering different natural, homemade beauty and health remedies. There’s for dry skin and hands, blackhead buster, dandruff fighter, overnight facial, younger looking skin, skin spot remover, underarms deodorizer, hair fix, massage therapy among other things. 

I am going to pose some beauty remedies here that I like the most among the 47. I will try doing them this week and tell you guys if it is effective (which I’m sure it is). And I hope you go and try them too! =)

FACIAL SCRUB:

For Oily Skin: Mix 1 tsp. skim milk powder with 1 tsp. honey. Add a few drops of freshly squeezed lemon juice if your skin is very oily. Use that as a mild scrub on your face. The undissolved milk powder forms a gentle scrub. Rinse very well.

For Normal, Dry or Mature skin
: Mix 1 tsp. full cream or whole milk powder with 1 tsp. honey. Use as a mild scrub on your face. Rinse very well.
You should use lots of water to rinse so as to prevent bacterial residue.

MOISTURIZER MASK:

Mix 2 tablespoons of honey with 2 tablespoons milk. Smooth them over your face and throat. Leave on for 10 minutes and rinse with warm water.

REMEDIES FOR TIRED EYES:

Rose water-Soak cotton ball and apply to eyes once a week.

Cucumber- Place a slice on each eye for and leave for 10 minutes to relieve stressed eyes.

Potato (shredded)
- Put on top of eyes to reduce black circles and leave for 10 minutes.

SKIN SMOOTHENER: 

Mix 1 tsp. honey with 1 tsp. of vegetable oil and ¼ tsp. lemon juice. Rub into hands, elbows, heels and anywhere that feels dry. Leave for 10 minutes then rinse with water.

HAND MOISTURIZER:

Take a few drops of olive oil and massage into both hands making sure all areas absorb the oil. Wear gloves overnight and see how soft your hands are in the morning.

HAIR REVITALIZER:

Rub 2-6 tbsps. of mayonnaise into your hair before washing, leave under a shower cap for 15 minutes, then rinse & shampoo as usual.




Comments

Popular Posts