Confessions of (the making of ) a SALE-aholic







Yes! The SALE season in the kingdom is on just like most of the big cities worldwide. Most ladies may have rushed to the mall already at the time of this writing or maybe, had already worn their newly prized possessions. teehee! =)

The sense of accomplishment one gets when one bought something nice and gets it for a really good bargain is PRICELESS. I know lots of women (and men too!) can relate to this, right? =D

Anyway, I've been to the mall during the last week of June and that time the SALE is not yet full swing (most shops are in 50% sale mode). Nevertheless, there were a couple of items that I bought in New Look and H&M store in Sahara and Hayat Mall.

This weekend, I went to Riyadh Gallery with my mom initially just to look around (shouf shouf) and buy something that would catch my fancy. But just like any typical, normal lady out there, the Sale gets the best of me and I bought quite a handful. It earned me a disapproving look from my mom, but that didn't even stop me from buying. hehe…

***It's a good thing to like the FB page of the stores you patronize to be "in the loop" and be the first to rush to the mall and get well, the nicer items and not those that had been "mishandled" already.

Let me share to you the items I bought on sale (which isn't that much since I wanted to be sensible in my purchases). I'll make this blog entry as a photoblog. Enjoy! =D




If you find something you absolutely love, buy two!
Gray and Orange dress complete with leather belt
From: Zara
Original Price: 139 SR each
Bought For: 49 SR each

I like my Skinny Jeans ripped!
From: Terranova
Original Price: 240 SR
Bought For: 60SR
Basic Tees
From: Zara
Hooded Shirt 29 SR
Yellow Tee 29 SR

Getting ready for the winter with these eye candy! haha! (actually, the sweaters I use as undergarment for my scrubs. AC is set way too low in my workplace to compensate for the very hot weather outside.)
From: New Yorker
Eye Candy Sweater Original Price: 55 Sr
Bought for: 29 SR
Floral Blouses
From: New Look
Original Price: 79 SR
Bought for: 25 SR
LBD Lovely Black Dress
From: Lindex
Original price: 175 SR
Bought for: 49 SR


Another set of Two! =)
Although not on sale, I bought this for a Sale Price!
From: H&M
Tube Florals for 49 SR
Scarf for 39 SR



Now, How do I look on them? teehee! =D





Here are some tips when going on SALE SHOPPING:



1. Make a mental note of what you want to buy--- usually clothes that would just fill the gaps in your wardrobe.

2. Try to stick on your budget as much as possible so as not to have that guilty feeling after.

3. Don't just buy items because they are on "SALE". Make sure you are sure to spend your moolah on that item. Think it over properly.

4. Make sure what you buy suits your: body shape, personality and if the color suits your skin tone (especially for shoppers here in the kingdom wherein fitting room is unheard of).

5. Put the item on hold if you are in doubt whether to buy it or not. If you can't stop thinking about it an hour or a day later, then probably it's a good thing to buy.

6. If you find something that is a perfect fit, a good bargain or is a quality item, get another one in a different color or even the same color especially if you will wear it often.






HAPPY SHOPPING!!!

Comments

Popular Posts