Running Procrastination


I've been procrastinating too much from my running. I've only been running once or twice a week. So this time, I forced myself to get up from my cozy bed at 5 am to run. But guess what? I procrastinated some more. I drank my coffee like a queen, put on my running outfit like a zombie, stretch a bit and found myself in the running track at 6. By this time, the Saudi sun is beating hard on my skin. Nevertheless, I was able to finish my running workout for the day with a slightly tanned complexion---and YES! I never put on sunblock or any lotion with sun protection factor.

Do you find yourself feeling lazy from your workout too? 

Here are simple tips (and when I say simple, it really is simple!) on how to stop procrastinating when you should have been running your butt off in the morning:

Sleep early the night before your run. 8 hours of sleep is enough to make you feel rejuvenated and well-rested before a morning run.

Set your alarm at least an hour before your intended time to run to allow for morning rituals and preparation.

Keep your alarm clock at least a meter away from your bed so you have to get up to turn it off. Maximum volume would be better so that you don't have an excuse of not hearing it go off. And please! Don't ever think of going back to bed. =)

Washing your face or taking a bath will help to wake yourself up.

A light breakfast like a cold cereal with fruits, a glass of orange juice or a granola bar will help you fuel your body before a run. If you prefer not to eat early in the morning try a glass of orange juice, a smoothie or sports drink instead. After a night of sleep, your body might be partially depleted of fluids, and when you exercise, fluid is lost through sweat. 

Even if you do not feel like running force yourself to do it, after another 10 minutes you'll love it and wonder why you didn't want to run.


Click this link to view my running work out this morning on Adidas micoach.


Comments

Popular Posts