Calaguas Island Experience



Mahabang Buhangin--- a view from the top of the hill.



During my 6 weeks vacay in the Philippines, one place I had to re-visit was Calaguas Island located at Vinzons, Camarines Norte.

The first time I've been to this majestic island was on 2010. I hailed from Camarines Sur, Bicol but I have no idea that a secluded island somewhere in Vinzons, Camarines Norte will take away my breath if not for my colleague at work who ask me to join her on her Calaguas trip.

On both occasions I have availed the package tour of Mr. Melvic Brinas- the man who I may say place Calaguas Island in the list of places to visit in the Philippines.

Back in 2010, I have to pay only Php 3,000 for the whole package. After 2 years, a package tour costs Php 3,200--- a very reasonable price for a tour package I may say. The package includes a round trip ticket from Manila-Daet and vice versa, Boat transfers and buffet meals. Tents are provided and set up upon arrival.

Going There

From Cubao Bus station, we took the Amihan Bus provided by the organizer going to Daet proper. From Daet proper, the bus took us to the pier where a 2 hours boat ride will lead us to Mahabang Buhangin--- one of the islands from the Calaguas group of island. Brace yourself from the big waves during the 2 hours boat ride that will leave you soaking wet so better keep your valuables in a sealed and water proof pouch or bag. That is why big plastic bags are provided too for all your belongings.

Mahabang Buhangin

Mahabang Buhangin will take your breath away. From its white sand, pristine beach, rolling hills and peaceful atmosphere, it's the perfect get away from the hustle and bustle of the city life. It's the best way too to be at peace with yourself and to commune with nature. 



                         



A photo of our camp. The tents will serve as our home for our over night camp.
                       
A photo taken from my 2010 Calaguas Island Adventure 

What to Expect

There is no electricity in the island so better be prepared by having all your electronics fully charged before going to the island. Spare batteries are a must-have for shutter bugs. There is no signal for cellular phones unless you climb the hill nearby which is by the way a nice way to view the island from above. Bring mosquito repellant to protect yourself from mosquito and other insect bites.

For more info regarding the island and to avail of the tour package, click this link below:







Comments

Popular Posts