MY RUNNING PLAYLIST


It's getting hot in here!!! And I am finding it hard to constantly run with this kind of weather. I love running outdoors. I love running free. I love running and looking past sceneries. But with the temperature hitting up until 42 degrees Celsius (and getting hotter by the minute), it leaves me no choice but to hit the mill. I know treadmill runs are boring and monotonous that is why I always have my trusty iPod as my companion. It keeps my sanity in check, keeps me from constantly looking at my watch, and distracts me from the noise of the treadmill or the clanking of weights… 
 

Here is a Playlist of some of my favorite work-out and running songs. You might not like my choice of songs or you might wonder why I like it. Some of the songs I like because it pushes me to run---helps to motivate me. Others I like because of the beat---it sets my running pace.
MY RUNNING PLAYLIST:

1. Let's Get it Started: Black Eyed Peas 
 
"Keep running, running and running, running…" makes this an ideal starting song to keep you motivated and pumped up for your run.  
 
2. Knock You Down: Keri Hilson, Kanye West and Ne-Yo 
 
"Just get back up when it knocks you down…" ---never mind if it's referring to love. This song is nice for work-outs too.  
 
3. Party in the USA: Miley Cyrus 
 
Admit it. Much as you don't like Miley Cyrus, you can't help to like the upbeat, catchy tone. "Got my hands up, they're playin' my song, and now I'm gonna be okay. Yeah! It's a party in the USA!" =D  
 
4. See You Again: Another song from Miley Cyrus 
 
It's upbeat and fun. period.  
 
5. Dog Days are Over: Florence & the Machine 
 
"Run fast for your mother, Run fast for your father, Run for your children, for your sisters and brothers…" keeps me motivated as I run. Mantra. Mantra.  =) 
 
6. Firework: Katy Perry 
 
"You just gotta ignite the light and let it shine, Just own the night like the 4th of July…" – a pick-me-up song. Love it! 
 
7. Hot N' Cold: Katy Perry 
 
Like the beat! Catchy and Fun! 
 
8. Bass Down Low: Dev feat. The Cataracts 
 
"If you wanna get with me, there's some things you gotta know. I like my beats fast, And my bass down low…" ---recommended by my brother. I love it! 
 
9. Just Dance: Lady Gaga feat. Colby O'Donis 
 
The fantastic beat will motivate you to keep running. I often replace the word "dance" with "run" as I mentally sing this song when I run. 
 
10. Don't Stop Believing: Journey/Glee 
 
This is one upbeat, motivating song rolled into one. Just when you wanted to give up running, browse for this song and hit the "play" button. =) 
 
11. Heart of a Champion: Nelly 
 
The title speaks for itself. =D 
 
12. Beautiful Day: U2 
 
This is the perfect  song when running during a breezy, sunny morning.  Or play this song when the weather is not ideal for running to keep you motivated as you run. 
 
13. Sweat: David Guetta remix/Snoop Dogg 
 
"I just wanna make you sweat…" Great beat. 
 
14. Smile: Lily Allen 
 
I really like this song especially during slow paced run. Never mind the lyrics. Hahaha! 
 
15. Thnks fr the Mmrs: Fall Out Boy 
 
This is one angry running song. I like it, hell yeah! =D 
 
16. Rolling in the Deep: Adele 
 
I just like this song. =D


DISCLAIMER: It is not a safe practice to run outside while wearing headphones and listening to music. The music can block the noise coming from oncoming vehicles, cyclists, other runners and unfriendly dogs. One of the etiquette rules of running is that you must hear and be aware of fellow runners so that you can move out of the way or stop when necessary.

If you really need music for motivation follow this simple rule:

Lower down the volume, or with one earphone out, so that you can still hear what is going on around you.

OR
 
Try listening to music ONLY when the running gets tough to keep you motivated. 
OR
 
Listen to music when you are running on a treadmill---it is perfectly safe to do that.

Comments

Popular Posts